Showing posts 1 - 5 of 12. View more »
Blue and Gold 2015
Just a reminder that the Blue and Gold Banquet is Saturday February 2008 at Keane Hall at St. Maurice. Please bring your favorite dessert and get ready for a festive evening. The doors will open at 6:45. If you need a utensil to serve your dessert, please bring it and put your name on it. Also, plan to take any dessert that is leftover home with you.
The agenda for the evening will be as follows:
> Dessert and Beverages
> Presentation of Colors
> Pledge of Allegiance and Cub Scout Promise
> Welcome and Opening
> Friends of Scouting Presentation
> Heritage Presentation
> Awards Ceremony
> Leadership Transition
> Webelos II Crossover Ceremony
> Cubmaster Minute
> Flag Retirement
See you all on February 28th!!!
Summer Camp 2015
Registration for summer camp is now OPEN! I sure hope you will consider taking your son to summer camp. It is a wonderful time to spend together in the outdoors. The boys get to shoot BB guns, learn archery, slingshots and rock throwing, field games, sponge wars, fish, swim, canoe and so much MORE!
Summer camp is intended for Wolves, Bears, Webelos I and Webelos II. Remember that on June 1 your son advances automatically to the next rank so be sure you sign up for the right camp: Wolves/Bears versus Webelos I/II.
There are a few important changes to note for 2015…
· There is a NEW process for registering for camp that introduces a Pack 90 Summer Camp Registration Form. It MUST be submitted along with payment to secure your spot; we also want you to sign up on the Bring-It list to show your intention to camp so that others can see.
· Camp for Wolves & Bears has been extended to 4 days/3 nights while camp for Webelos I & II has been reduced to 4 days/3 nights. In other words camp for both sets of scouts is the same: 4 days/3 nights.
· Wolves & Bears: July 26-July 29 (Sunday > Wednesday)
· Webelos I & II: July 29-August 1 (Wednesday > Saturday)
Costs to attend:
· If registered and paid by March 27 (Pack meeting): $175 (scout) and $90 (adult)
· If registered and paid between March 28-June 1: $190 (scout) and $100 (adult)*
· If registered and paid after June 1: $205 (scout) and $110 (adult)*
*assuming there is availability
Note that we are limited to 30 scouts/adults attending Cub Scout camp (Wolves/Bears) and 50 scouts/adults attending Webelos camp so reserve your spot now!
Here’s how to sign-up:
1. Visit the respective Bring-it list for Bears/Wolves or Webelos I/II and signup. PLEASE NOTE: this just indicates to others in the Pack that you and your son are interested in going; it does NOT secure your spot!!
2. Complete the Pack 90 Summer Camp Registration Form (can be downloaded from the Pack website under Parent Resources
3. Submit the form and payment in the form of cash, check or Scout account (please email Heather Gaunt, Pack 90 Treasurer, for an account balance if you’re not sure).
4. Forms and payment will be accepted from 7-8 pm on every Thursday night at FHPC between now and the Pack meeting on March 27.
5. After March 27, you may still be able to reserve a spot but only IF there is availability AND the cost to you will increase.
· Bears & Wolves: http://foresthillspack90.bringit.bz/public/7f79da
· Webelos I & II: http://foresthillspack90.bringit.bz/public/578fc3
Every scout and adult who attends summer camp MUST complete and submit a BSA Health and Medical form (Parts A-C); note that Part C requires a doctor’s signature. You must also complete the Heritage Reservation Supplemental Questionnaire (Camp: Camp Independence; Campsite: Henry). Plus you must have a copy of your insurance card for you and your son!